Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Week 63 - 6-6-16

Aloha All :)

So I hope you all know how much I love being a missionary... cuz I truly do cherish it <3

and one of my favorite parts of being a missionary is that we automatically always have a connection with everyone. I'm serious, whether they notice it or not, people make a connection with us from the second we see them. that is the LIGHT OF CHRIST!! it reminds them of who we are and who we represent. they may not always have a positive reaction to that connection, but hey - God still gives it to them. And I have truly seen miracles happen because of it ... hearts softened, doors opened & fonts filled. this is truly God's work. He is here with us, and He knows His children far better than we do... we are merely just His hands here, He doesn't need us, but He allows us to partake in it, because He knows WE NEED HIM.

anyhoo- this week was great :) of course!!!


here are some highlights:


- Aloha 'oe to Sister Frost :( and ALOHA to Sister Karitea :) - my new comp. she is from Kiribati Island & is a convert of 5 years. she is the only member in her family & she is AMAZING. this girl truly does have a very special spirit, and I'm so pumped to work with her :) from the first half an hour we spent together, I could already tell that this transfer is going to be one of the most spiritual transfers I have ever had. :) so great, guys. God is good!




Sister Frost finished up her last night strong here in Olomana, and then headed to my greenie area ALIAMANU <3 we spent the hours of 7-9pm out street contacting! & we found some new investigators and some VERY interesting people... I just love talking to strangers & helping them to feel that LIGHT OF CHRIST. it's so fun.
- our first day together, Sister Keahiolalo (a member in our ward) gave us mountain apples! yum. BUT then a spider crawled out of mine when I was only half way done eating that thing... made my stomach turn a little.
- we were able to take the Dugan family to LAIE TEMPLE VISITOR'S CENTER!! YAY! that was a miracle. they are so fun! we had a good time @ lunch & the VC & roaming around temple grounds.
- we finally caught Tyrone @ home again. HE IS AWESOME. we introduced him to the book of Mormon, he's pumped to read :) such a great family.
- a couple weeks ago we got lost in the backroads of Waimanalo & pulled over to ask a guy for directions. He was excited to see our name badges & asked if we could come back to answer some of his questions about the book of Mormon. so we met with Jonathon on Saturday & HE IS SO COOL! turns out his best friend is a member on the other side of the island & had just given him a book of Mormon not too long ago. he's practically Mormon already, he just hasn't quite accepted it :P we look forward to teaching him again this week! last time he had food and drinks for us haha he's so great.
- Waimanalo ward (the ward we share our meeting building with) is CAMPING for two weeks @ bellows! man, it's so cool, they camp in luxury LOL they have water heaters they have brought over and LONG LONG extension cords so they can have tv and all that jazz :P so funny. we had fhe there last night, so fun.
- this week we will be having Elder Renlund and a couple of other general authorities meeting with us!! I'm excited to learn :)

I got a surprise visit from THE LOO'S yesterday!!! Oh my goodness, they are my mission parents from Honoka'a Ward on the Big Island. I was shocked to see them, I couldn't hold my tears back :P they took us to bfast this morning, they're here visiting their niece for her graduation. man, i died. (mom - don't tell sister loo i told you!! lol, i told her i would let her tell you tomorrow, but I JUST COULDN'T HELP BUT TELL YOU ALL!!) :)


Their visit plus knowing I only have 3 months left on my mission really made me reflect. I know I have changed so much out here. & I love it. I know this gospel is true, and that's what has changed me so much is coming to know my Savior more personally & helping others to do so as well. I know He lives. I am so grateful to be here, although i miss you all, there's no where else I'd rather be at this time. I LOVE THIS GOSPEL.

have a wonderful week! xoxo,

Sister Judkins








No comments:

Post a Comment