Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Week 23 - 8/31/15

Aloha All,

This week was a true struggle, but it was also one of the best weeks yet!

Wednesday we went to another area for their interviews. it was great getting to know the missionaries there.

Thursday we were able to go on exchanges with Sister Carlsen (from Idaho) and Sister Smith!! yes. my mission mom. she came back to aliamanu with s. mason. while I went over with s. carlsen to an area called "Pup Town" pronounced "poop" wakaka. their area is kinda ghetto and we decided to walk all day. it was great!!! they are serving in a samoan ward, the people are amazing! this day, we had an incredible experience talking with an investigator named Storm. The adversary has been working extremely hard on her since she committed to baptism. We talked about Joseph Smith's First Vision of how the adversary gave him a hard time too, when trying to connect with Heavenly Father. BUT his faith was solid and God delivered. it was so powerful, this lesson really strengthened my own testimony of joseph smith and this church.

On Friday S. Mason and I were able to do a training at Zone Meeting. I'll be honest, it was a disaster. Luckily, I had a companion who was on top of things, and I also had an excuse... it was my first time giving a training! wakaka. I forgot the props for the training, and then I completely forgot what we were training on.... lol. good thing it was a smallish group and all of the missionaries are my friends, so it was ok. After the meeting we went on exchanges with S. Hamano and S. Ranck. This time, I got to stay in Aliamanu with s. hamano, from Japan. we had a lot of fun together! It was a great day which helped me to forget about the meeting. :P

Well, Saturday, we made leis and bracelets at a relief society activity. two of our investigators came!! yay :)

Sunday was interesting to say the least.. church started 15 minutes late because NO ONE was there. like, i'm dead serious.. only like three or four families were there. traffic was Hawaiian. hurricane season. whatever you wanna blame it on, everyone got there between 15-30 minutes late.

it was actually kinda funny :)

and kinda disastrous.

The meetings were great and guess what!! Derrick, Carol, and David came to church :) it was awesome.

I can't believe how fast time is flying. I just want all of you to know that I love being a missionary with all my soul. I love the Hawaiians with all my heart. I love this gospel with all my everything. It's true, the gospel changes lives. I pray we will all have the faith to continue forward like joseph smith did. and the strength to stand up for what we believe in.

Talofa atu <3

Sistah Jay

ps. picture is my bracelet making skills


No comments:

Post a Comment