Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

LAST WEEK!!! - Week 75 - 8/29/16

This is her last email.  Again, her homecoming will be September 18 at 1pm at 1475 N 50 E in Centerville.  Thank you all for your love and prayers for Sister Judkins.  Love you all!!



Aloha All :)

so update on mick and les: Mick has continued his reading and he LOVES it, he's got a love for the gospel and his spark is lighting a fire, allowing him to truly feel our Heavenly Father's love! :D it's great. Les and his wife did not do their reading assignments nor did they attend church :( last night i was able to bear my testimony to them, and we invited them again to ACT. They're a really amazing family, they'll figure it out!!

Shai, our 9 year old investigator, is AMAZING, and I'm sad i'll miss his baptism this week. He's so great tho, this week he was supposed to be out of town for auditions for Disney Channel down in Waikiki, but as he was thinking last Thursday (after our lesson with him about the Sabbath Day and his baptism), he turned to his dad and said "Dad, i don't want to do this. I want to go to church on sunday. and every sunday."
that kid is amazing. although he dropped this opportunity to be on Disney, he opened his doors to greater blessings from our Heavenly Father. & for the first time since I've been here, his dad decided to join him in opening doors & CAME TO CHURCH with Shai!! :) God is good.

This weekend we had Olomana Ward's Annual Fish Fry - it was a HUGE success! We had many members, non-members, less-actives & investigators there. TONS of food & TONS of great Hawaiian music. The spirit was so sweet looking out on everyone there :)

so the time has come.

my mission has FLOWN by. and i want you all to know that i have loved it. & the mission has changed me a lot, so get ready Utah cuz here i come... not only have i picked up on the local accent down here, but i have also learned the gospel.

i still have a lot to learn, but i know what i know, and i know the gospel is true.

i know God lives & that he sent his son, Jesus Christ to SAVE us. I know that they called a prophet to restore the truths of the gospel to the earth because they love us. i know that that prophet, Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon, and I know that record is true. I know that we have a living prophet today who holds the same authority to lead and guide God's children today. I know i was called by him to preach the gospel and to represent my Savior, Jesus Christ. I love it, and I'll miss it.

I love God's children here in the islands, and it's scary to leave.

MAHALO NUI LOA to each and every one of you for you love, support, prayers & testimonies. I'm grateful to be here, and I look forward to seeing you all soon!!

This week:
Tues: booked with missionary work :D
wed: head to Honolulu, go to swap meet, head to Laie Temple for a session & then Polynesian Cultural Center after!
thurs: pearl harbor, funeral dinner, and i fly out around 9pm

I'll see you all soon, mahalo again for everything. I love this gospel & i love my savior.

Love & aloha,
Sister Judkins
-- 
"Therefore, continue your journeys and let your hearts rejoice. For behold and lo, I am with you even unto the end." D&C 100:12 
God is always there for you. 
Christ can be your best friend. 
let Them in.




aunty lupe & investigator, Jon

making beef stew (yum! - but I'm allergic..)

ANNOUNCEMENT: the first "other" Brigitte i met in my whole mission. i thought I'd never find one, but then Saturday we FOUND ONE! except she is Scottish or something and spells it Bridget

The quote is from George Q Cannon, the first lds missionary in Hawaii. 

My traditional dress I wore to my last Sunday, along with many leis I received
-- 








No comments:

Post a Comment