This week was one of the best on my mission thus far :) God is just so good, and we got a big taste of His goodness this week! here are some highlights:
- on exchanges with sister biggs (from Omaha, Nebraska), we picked up a mini missionary (Mackenzie is from Wyoming, but is here for an internship, and she came out with us ALL day Wednesday. it was awesome.) so then we headed out to change the world. And Heavenly Father really knows His children. we met a lot of wonderful people that day, including Fotu, who is a golden Tongan investigator :) too bad we can't really teach him, cuz the Tongan Branch elders will teach him. But still, SO GREAT!!!
- Thursday I got in my FIRST CAR CRASH. don't worry, no one is hurt and the cars are fine! just another way that God places us in people's paths (literally.) IT WASN'T MY FAULT THO. :) but yes, we are teaching that lady who rammed into us. God is so good.
- Also Thursday we got to go to Addiction Recovery Program class with two of our investigators. We are really excited they're working to overcome their addictions so they can be baptized!! so good.
- we finally contacted a referral we've been trying to contact for about a month. usually if we can't get a hold of them, we just count them as contacted after multiple times of trying them and then we move on... but we really felt like we just needed to keep trying. good thing the spirit told us to do that!! cuz on Friday we met Tyrone and he is awesome. we have a follow up appointment with him soon so we'll see where it all goes :) God knows his children.
- Saturday we saw A HUGE MIRACLE. one of our inactive families allowed their 8 year old daughter to go to a stake activity!! and the lady who picked her up also brought one of our 11 year old investigators, and I guess they're like best friends now. haha, God is so good, right!? He set it all up & everything.
- we also went to contact a referral we received on Saturday and they ended up being pretty anti-God and everything :( so we were disappointed but THEN! God placed us exactly where we needed to be and we met with a former investigator who was pulling into her driveway as we walked by, and BOOM! we found out she was never given a Book of Mormon, and she was so excited to read it and asked us to come back Monday, so we'll be going there pretty soon :) exciting stuff.
- we're also working with a lot of other INCREDIBLE people. I just love it so much. Missionary work is the best. One of the members of the ward council told us yesterday after the meeting, "sorry sisters I wasn't able to come out with you this week. I'm so sad! I feel like I didn't get my missionary fix this week." haha :) brother hoopii is so funny!!
well anyways, I think why this week was so great is just cuz I really felt the spirit work within me and those we are working with. :) it is SO FUN to go out visiting PEEPS and it is so great to feel our Savior's love. everyone, please read the book of Mormon. it changes lives. and we cannot afford to not have that spirit with us. truly, it's the greatest!
and even when times get tough, we gotta push through because God has better plans, in fact, perfect plans, ahead of us. Hurrah for Israel!
God is good & he loves you dearly. As do I!! Choke mahalo's for all yalls do
yalls=YOU, MY FRIENDS.
Aloha, peace n' blessin's, xoxo,
Hurrah, Hurrah, Hurrah for Israel
“This painting portrays Brigham Young and Heber C. Kimball leaving for their mission to England. This was a significant event. They left when they were ill, and their wives and families were also sick. The images to the back and side signify the premortal spirits who watched this momentous event and pledged in the premortal existence to follow their example to fulfill missions and do the Lord’s work.” —Larry Wade