Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Week 30 - 10/19/15

Aloha all :)

this week. was. AWESOME.

Charley, Chauncey, and Landon all got baptized on Saturday, it was probably the most beautiful baptism I have ever seen <3 they worked so hard to organize everything so that as many people from the ward could be involved. ah, so special. I think we had more people at the baptism than we ever have at church wakaka but, it was so good to have everyone there. the spirit was so strong, and there wasn't a dry eye in the room.

it's amazing what effect the members can have on investigators and the effect investigators can have on the ward family <3 it really brought everyone together. so cool. God is so good.

funny part of the baptism was 9 year old Landon getting slammed into the water. I guess the brother who baptized him didn't realize how light weight landon is or just didn't want to have to dunk him twice. so funny.

so also this week we were able to meet some wonderful people, do some service, climb mauna kea, hang out with our mission president...

oh yeah! president warner came out to big island this week for some baptismal interviews. while he was here he wanted to make a stop at Sister Gibson's house. Sister Gibson was baptized about two years ago in Honokaa ward, and she is just the most hilarious, down-to-earth person I've ever met. she also has the most amazing conversion story, it just so happens to be President's favorite.

So, Story Time: first off, it's POURING outside. S. Maher and I jump into President's car to go to S. Gibson's home, but problem is, sister Gibson lives up on the side of the mountain, and we usually park our car at the bottom and hike up. so we told President he would want some different shoes. we went to our home to see if there were any hanging around. there weren't. so we looked to the members we live with, the second counselor in the Stake Presidency. Well, President Loo had just got home from work and was in his driveway wearing his work coat, the conversation went like this:

Me (yelling over the sound of the pouring rain from the car): "Hi President Loo!! Do you have any work boots we could borrow?"

Loo: "Yeah, I also have another work coat. Where are you going?"

Me: "Up to Sister Gibson with President Warner!"

Loo: "Woah, I also have a work truck. Hop in!"

and that is why the Loo's are my fav because they are just so kind and caring and selfless, and President Loo took an hour out of his day to drive us up to her house (yeah, we didn't even have to hike), to visit with our fellow member, and to make sure that President Warner and "His missionaries" were kept safe. people are too kind. God is so good.

anyhoo, that story was probly pointless to yall but it took me a long time to type so I'm keeping it. #justgowithit

both president warner and president loo were so funny in the truck, president loo couldn't believe he had the mission president in his old work truck in the middle of nowhere on the island of Hawai'i and president warner was so touched by president loo's gesture and ah, they are just amazing servants of the lord, am I right?

okay so this email is getting really long. I just want you all to know that I know this gospel is true. I KNOW IT. I feel so blessed to be here serving the people of Hawaii and inviting others to come unto our Savior, Jesus Christ. It's an honor to be a missionary, and I can see the way I am changing as I watch the gospel change lives around me. Our Savior really does live, and through His atoning sacrifice, this gospel is made PERFECT. I invite you all to use the atonement everyday, to pray for opportunities to serve others, and to spiritually prepare yourself for change and for service through scripture study. I know our Heavenly Father loves you and he can use you in blessing others' lives. that is my promise to you. that you will change lives. including your own.

love you all | mahalo nui loa fur alles | xoxo

brig

ps. I love Dorito salad


pps. no one better dare tell me I'm reaching seven months soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment