Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Week 34 - 11/16/15

Aloha All :)

you know those times in life where you're just so happy that you just can't help but smile? I hope you can all relate... cuz that's exactly how missionary work makes me feel. :) it's the greatest. literally every day is the same thing over and over again, wake up, run, study, track down less-actives, knock doors, visit some more less-actives, knock some more doors, eat the whole day cuz everyone wants you to get fat or something, and pray pray pray pray PRAY all day long. and it's the greatest.

yesterday in relief society we talked about missionary work, and the sister teaching asked us if we are happy being on missions. I told them all, I have never been happier in my whole life. and none of them were shocked because guess what... we all know the gospel is true. we all have experienced the joy that comes from following the gospel, we have all had spiritual experiences we cannot deny. and that's what's so incredible about missionary work and I could tell that every single one of them was familiar with that "I'm just so happy I can't help but smile" look.

so listen up, we have a huge BOOK OF MORMON CHALLENGE happening here on big island. and it is the most wonderful thing ever. this week alone we handed out 25 Book of Mormons in 5 days. God is good, people. God is good. He delivered every single one of those. He truly does know each of His children, and He led us right to open hands and thankful hearts. I'm excited to follow up on these peeps this week <3

we went to contact a former investigator this week and found her 23 year old son, Nalu. He was a nice guy, but what really struck me was the way his eyes lit up when we gave him the book of Mormon. it was like, it was familiar to him. not because he had read it or even seen it before. but because the spirit that he felt when he flipped through the pages was a familiar spirit to him.

we tracted into a lovely grandmother named Shirly, she had seen the sisters walk on the street before, and asked us why we are always so happy. I told her, because God is good. we taught her the restoration and gave her a book of Mormon. she was very excited to read it, and we promised her greater joy in her life as she came to understand the teachings found in the book and the huge blessings await her as she follows those teachings.

those are only 2 of the 25 stories I have...

I wish I had time to write them all.

but, I just want you all to know God is good. we sent a scripture out today it's 1 Nephi 11:22-23 and it reads, "And I answered him, saying: yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desireable above all things. And he spake unto me, saying: yea, and the most joyous to the soul!"

share the love guys!! strive to serve, spread the gospel, and trust in God because HE IS GOOD.

hope you all have a wonderful week!

mahalo nui loa fur alles & mucho aloha,


sister judkins








1. "this is auntie sweetie <3 she is our eternigator... and she adores the missionaries! she is the greatest :) love her so so much!!!"




2-5 Pics from a hike with the elders, including "Brig on a bridge"







No comments:

Post a Comment